This dessert doesn't need much of an introduction. It's basically an excuse to eat an entire dish of smore's, without having to keep track of how many actual smore's you've really eaten. They make a nice presentation, they're neater to eat, and can serve a crowd if necessary. Throw the dip together right before you plan to eat it, so the chocolate is perfectly melty and gooey, then dig in!
Melty Smore's Dip
Recipe By Carrie Louise (adapted from Spend With Pennies)
Makes enough for up to 4 people
- 4 Hershey's Bars
- 2 tablespoons of any variety of milk
- 3 cups of mini marshmallows
- 8 full graham cracker sheets, broken into small rectangles
- Preheat the broiler to high, and place the rack about 6-8 inches below the heating element.
- Break the Hershey's Bars up into pieces, and place them in a small saucepan. Add the 2 tablespoons of milk and 1 1/2 cups of the marshmallows (reserve the other 1 1/2 cups for later).
- Melt these ingredients over medium low heat, stirring and folding constantly with a rubber spatula.
- Pour the melted mixture into a small casserole dish that leaves enough room on top for the marshmallows. Top with the remaining marshmallows.
- Broilers are different, so keep a close eye. Mine were done after about 90 seconds.
- Serve immediately with graham crackers on the side for dipping.